[CAUT] All-Steinway; was CAUT endorsement

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu May 20 16:23:09 MDT 2010

I would have to say my experience is different.  Touch is all over the place
through the decades with recent iterations completely different action
ratios than was intended (though not always achieved) in the early 20th
century and at the beginning of the accelerated action phase.  Tonal
differences abound with soundboard conditions and treatments and different
hammers through the years.  The scaling has remained pretty much the same
though and that does account for some predictability.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com