[CAUT] Bore distances for Steinway L

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu May 27 09:05:05 MDT 2010

The proper bore distance is the one you determine by measuring the distance
between the flange center pin height and the string height in each section.
Check that first.

Are you unable to get the let off closer because the let off buttons are
bottoming out against the rail?  If so then maybe you have the wrong buttons
on there.  Did you change the shanks and flanges to a new dimension? If so,
did you change the dip to accommodate that?  What is the current key dip?

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com