[CAUT] Bore distances for Steinway L

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Thu May 27 09:43:52 MDT 2010

With more key dip or less blow can you get the action to cycle through
letoff? 10mm is shallow. Also I thought 1 3/4 for blow was what my mentor,
Mr Erwin, likes on a D and B. The blow is less on the smaller Steinways and
dip can be as much as .410 instead of the .394 you have.

Positive rep spring pressure is the other key to setting letoff but I'm sure
you have checked that
Keith Roberts