[CAUT] Yamaha GC1

wbis290 wbis290 at aol.com
Thu May 27 17:07:59 MDT 2010

Hi Dennis,

As far as I know, the CG1 is made in Japan. It differs from a C1 in that the case is not as thick, it does not have a sostenutoe pedal, and it does not have the better hammers. They are smaller then what you find in a C1 and they are also single layer felt and not double layer. Also, I do not think that they have Yamaha's "tone collector" which is a metal fitting that is screwed onto the front underside of the piano and the beams are attached to it coming from the back of the piano. There are a few case differences but nothing that will do anything as far as the musical part of the piano goes.

God bless

Bill Balmer,RPT
Ohio Northern University and the University of Findlay