[CAUT] nasty overtone?

Daniel Schreffler invader1 at cableone.net
Sat May 29 14:14:51 MDT 2010

I think all of you guys are awesome. This is so fantastic to be able to commun with people in such a rare trade. Only we really know what we are all going through in this game. One person asked me what I did for a living the other day and another ,negative, type person who knows that I am a piano technician commented saying, oh he's just a piano TUNER. Like is was some kind of stupid job for losers. I don't know about you guys but I feel like giving the garbage man a tip for what they must endure. Any way i will hush up and keep learning from you all. Many thanks again for what you and I do for the world of music and our families.

 I just put on a set of Renner blues on one Steinway "L'' and all sounds nice , but there is a note at the treble break that has the most hideous high overtone. Why would 87 sound fairly well and one not. When I appied my finger to the aloqout on the keyboard side of the capo it went away, but as you know so did the demension of tone. Could someone help me with this?
God Bless and have a safe weekend
Dan Schreffler RPT
Northern Arizona University