[CAUT] overtones

Daniel Schreffler invader1 at cableone.net
Sun May 30 13:52:52 MDT 2010

Dear brothers and sisters of the biz,
Thank you for working with me through this. When i get back to the piano I will fit the hammers to string better or i mean do it. Yes, good idea to just move the strings or sting out of the way to clean the capo.
I don't know how this works , I mean to say if I should start another post or just change the topic for a momemt, but I have a Steinway D that has alot of pins that tourq at around 10 lbs. It is about 13 yrs old. I want to repin it. Do you all think that it should be restrung?The strings seem fine and i really don't want to put my neck out to the chopping block if I don't have to.Esp. not being full time with 85 older and some old pianos. My other concert grand has 90 -100 pounds torqe and I love it. Yes it is hard to tune but once in it is awesome. Your thoughts please.
Thanks
Dan