[CAUT] CAUT Fortepiano for University

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu Sep 2 08:12:05 MDT 2010

Dave,

Yes. Even some "All Steinway Schools" have initially neglected thinking through the upkeep and/or replacement costs. One such school wanted to pay me for "one tuning per year" and when I told them what would happen (and what they could do with the offer) they opted to go with a cheaper technician. When Steinway found out they basically threatened to "un-Steinwayize" them... <G> I got the bid. Bottom line in all this? Money talks.

Best,
Jim