[CAUT] Nice inside-the-action-cavity camera work

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Sep 3 07:24:33 MDT 2010

On Sep 1, 2010, at 12:26 PM, Mark Dierauf wrote:

> They must have used awfully small cameras for this, and either
> several of them or else multiple takes. I'm really looking forward
> to seeing this. Anybody heard of Mr. Knüpfer?

	I hadn't heard of Knüpfer, but the main pianist, Aimard, appeared in
that recent Steinway film. He was selecting a piano, and showed up a
few times, finally playing in Carnegie. Seemed like a troublesome
sort, and I was impressed by how Ron Coners handled him, being helpful
but evasive, and never really committing to anything. Anyway, in this
film, according to some of the material I read, he wants the piano to
sound like a cross between an organ, a clavichord and a harpsichord or
something like that. Yeah, right, I'm glad Knüpfer is his tech.
	But, wow, what a wonderful documentation of our profession!
	I wonder if those tiny cameras can be used with super high speed
videography? DOn't see why not.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"I am only interested in music that is better than it can be played."
Schnabel