[CAUT] WNG glue and black dust

James Patrick Draine draine at me.com
Thu Sep 9 08:34:55 MDT 2010

I believe the freezing test is in regard to how stable the glue is before application: between when it is manufactured, shipped to WN&G, shipped out from them, sitting on a technician's front porch after UPS drops it off during sub-zero weather, etc. Not to mention sitting in the technician's car in the driveway, not even in an unheated garage overnight, and between rural appointments. I know, most of the latter stuff doesn't apply to the CAUT tech in his air conditioned state of the art shop, but WNG (I am sure) wants to get as many bugs out of their system as soon as possible.
Now, how does it hold up to 100 degrees plus sitting in a technician's car over the summer? Well, if you bring all your glues in & out with you (home shop and customer's home), neither of these will be insurmountable difficulties ...
Patrick Draine (in hot & cold New England)