[CAUT] Hammer shank cutting block

Edward Sambell esambell at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 20:13:18 MDT 2010

Sorry about he photos. I have resent them via Adobe Photo Mail, and hope it
works this time. There is no setup time with the block and it holds the shank
very securely. The Kawai tech cut the shank off with one stroke of the saw.The
sawdust is  very minor, but if it proved to be a problem I would make a little
cloth hood and move it from hammer to hammer. I only present the idea to show
that we do not always need elaborate equipment to work efficiently. and is not
intended to claim it as superior to any other method. What works best for you is
the way to go.
Thanks Ron for your information on the glue.
Paul: Thanks for your kind comments. I am no longer in Banff , and moved to
London, Ontario to be close to my family after retiring in 2001. I still do a
little work, but at age eighty-seven no longer full time. I am tinkering with
making simple tools, and am currently working on an article on voicing uprights.
I am very well and enjoying life.

Ted Sambell