[CAUT] M&H sost question

mcneiltom at aol.com mcneiltom at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 21:35:35 MDT 2010

Hi, Greg -

Yes, the sostenuto brackets are screwed into the belly rail.  You should be able to screw them in further as necessary.  Usually a small crescent wrench will do the job.   Since it has been 84 years since they were last moved they will undoubtedly be very stiff.  You may find it best to unscrew them and dab a bit of grease on the threads before driving them further.
~  Tom McNeil  ~
Vermont Piano Restorations