[CAUT] M&H sost question

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Mon Sep 20 08:35:28 MDT 2010

Hi-

Just last week I was in exactly the same situation. I don't see many
original old M&H grands here so this was new to me also. Piano owner is a
piano faculty member who recently returned with his find from the west coast
and was standing there with me while I had to decide what to do.  I politely
exercised the option to phone a friend and would return another day.

In my case it mostly needs to be lowered slightly, but  I'm concerned that
bending the hanger bracket will damage the hole in the rail. Removing it
first, then bending and reinstalling to same place, seems like too much
trial and error.   I doubt my bending pliers will work on that size rod, but
could give it try.   Easy to see why this design never took off.  I'm open
to any other suggestions also.

thanks,

Dennis Johnson