[CAUT] Down Weight Too High With New Hammers

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 05:42:15 MDT 2010

>... assume you used the WNG 4mm capstan drill bit / question for you
>/ angled jig set up? planning on installing Kluge keyframe set on a
>B and will replace front and bal. pins with WNG /any experience with
>this retrofit / I've done a few new frame sets but no WNG  keypins
>yet,

A #21 or 22 bit is sufficient. Here's a photo of my capstan and back
check drilling jig for my ShopSmith. The keys are indexed off the
back.
I have not had the opportunity to retrofit WGN key pins but am a
little leery of the need to shim them. Be careful when hammering, as
David Stanwood pointed out a while ago, you can chip off the material.

Regards,

Jon Page