[CAUT] Hammer head removing tool

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Sep 21 08:11:11 MDT 2010

Are these hammers going to the trash?  If I'm wanting to reuse the shanks,
I'll apply a little heat on the glue collar, and snip the tail with
channel locks along the grain from tail to shank.  It will split and then,
perhaps with another snip or so, the hammer will pop right off. Clean up
the shank, and you're good to go for the replacement. I took some
pictures, but something is wrong with my USB connection, but I think you
can visualize.

Paul