[CAUT] Prepared pianos

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Wed Feb 2 13:03:19 MST 2011

On Feb 2, 2011, at 12:24 PM, Jim Busby wrote:

> Go you think it feasible to take Alan’s video, Brunger, and write a
> CAUT recommended list?
>
> Jim

	You mean create a standard policy recommendation, "approved
techniques" or something along those lines? It could be done, and
sounds like a good idea, though I don't know about how official it
could be made. I guess the Guidelines document is "official," though I
don't remember how it was "approved" by PTG.
	A first step might be to look at Bunger's revised book, 1981, which
is in over 100 university libraries, so not that hard to get, along
with watching Alan's video. Collate some of the discussion on the list
over the years. Various policy documents have been posted, many of
them based on Chris Purdy's, but there are variants. Collate them,
consult with musicians who are active in the area, and it seems like
you could come up with a pretty good outline.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination." -
Einstein