[CAUT] Bum set of NY hammers, I'm afraid

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Thu Feb 10 18:21:40 MST 2011

Is the problem through the entire set, one  section?  Are the hammers very
bulky over the strike point?  Have you tried a heavy filing of a couple of
hammers (although that also changes the strike point orientation)?  What
sort of strength solution have you used?  Have you compared with another set
of a different type of hammer?  Hamburg hammers can be a good choice for
these pianos and there are some other options as well.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com