[CAUT] Bum set of NY hammers, I'm afraid

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Feb 11 08:48:27 MST 2011

On Feb 10, 2011, at 3:50 PM, Ed Foote wrote:

>  Soak'em.   mix up a batch of 4:1 and simply drench them until there
> is liquid running down the tails.  If it is possible
> to dip them in a bucket of it, try that.
A bucket is not too practical, but they can be dipped in a tray. See
my article on removing lacquer from hammers, June 2009. Use the same
technique, but with lacquer instead of lacquer thinner. In this case,
it would probably be better to soak out the existing lacquer, let dry,
then soak with a lacquer solution (BTW, Kent Webb suggested that
method of applying lacquer to me a few years back).
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.createculture.org/profile/FredSturm