[CAUT] NY hammers/Hamberg (sic Hamburg) hammers

Adkins, Richard radkins at coe.edu
Fri Feb 11 14:31:35 MST 2011

Paul,
 No. I know that  NY S&S has had Hamburg Hammers in their
catalog and has for years. So I don't know what the
problem is getting them from NY unless they run out.

 However, as I said, I think I did see them in the Pacific catalog.
Maybe they buy them directly from Renner.

When APSCO sold them, they cost less
than getting them from S&S NY. Quite a bit
less!!!

I do not know what the prices from Pacific or Lloyd
etc are these days to compare.

One can order Hamburg Hammers already mounted on
shanks and flanges from NYC too, if you are in a hurry
to swap out a set of hammers, or something.

The set I bought from APSCO were wider and a bit heavier.
I believe the concert grand hammers were advertised
as being "24 lb" hammers.... HA.... whatever that was
supposed to mean. This was years ago, so things probably
have changed. I remember the treble was quite bright and
the bass needed some help. YMMV

Richard