[CAUT] Bum set of NY hammers, I'm afraid

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sat Feb 12 13:57:58 MST 2011

On Feb 12, 2011, at 12:14 PM, Paul T Williams wrote:

> what have y'all done to hammers when you think the initial "juicing"
> was less than perfect?  I'm hoping there is still hope for these
> hammers.  Remove and reinstall the original h/s/f's (that I smartly
> kept in a box); and juice the heck out of them, and then "start
> over"?  Is there a clean slate?

	Once again, you can soak out the existing lacquer (most of it): see
my June, 2009 PTJ article (I can send you a pdf if you can't find it).
Then start over. And it is possible to use the same tray method to
apply lacquer - it will be certain to penetrate to the core.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
“Art is not a mirror held up to reality, but a hammer with which to
shape it.” Brecht