[CAUT] Fw: Roy Kehl + November 22, 1935 February 12, 2011 + Requiescat in Pace

Laurence Libin lelibin at optonline.net
Sat Feb 12 20:56:42 MST 2011

For those of you who knew and respected Roy, the following from a mutual friend will come as sad news:
Laurence

Dear Friends,
After a valiant twenty-four year battle with cancer, Roy joined the heavenly host at 3:00 p.m. this afternoon. I arrived at his apartment shortly before 11:00 a.m. and discovered that he was having labored breathing even with the aid of oxygen. The caregiver along with the male nurse and I stayed by his bed holding his hands and offering comforting words until the end came peacefully. The care which he received from the home care service and hospice was extraordinarily fine -- compassionate and loving. Characteristically, Roy willed his body to science so that he continues to minister even in death.  A memorial service at The Church of the Ascension in Chicago is being planned, details of which I will send when they become available.
I am sure that you join Mary and me in giving thanks to God for this incredibly caring, gentle person who overcame numerous trials to free himself to give to others with a big, generous, and open heart. Each of us is a better person for having known Roy and having been a recipient of that generosity.
Blessings, love and peace,
Morgan