[CAUT] Fwd: Rinsing lacquer from hammers

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 19:13:22 MST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Negron <ray at ronsenhammer.com>
To: 'Dale Erwin' <erwinspiano at aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Feb 15, 2011 8:02 am
Subject: RE: [CAUT] Rinsing lacquer from hammers

I think Jack would be better able to respond to this, as I doubt there are many people who know more about felt than he does.

Up until about 1998 most of our hammers were made from felt we bought from American Felt & Filter Co., so it is probable that Mr. Foreman used that felt. It seems to me that your method of using 8:1, 10:1, 12:1 ratios would have a similar effect as spinning the excess out of the hammer, especially if what he put in originally was 3:1. Is it  proven fact or just an accepted theory that  lacquer gets into the fiber? Perhaps it gets under the serrations as well as coating the fiber.
Ray Negron- Ronsen Hammer co.