[CAUT] Steinway "sound"

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Feb 18 11:07:37 MST 2011

On Feb 18, 2011, at 10:35 AM, Laurence Libin wrote:

> I beg your pardon, but as King of Instruments the organ is entitled
> to a high ceiling; it is the stage that is too low.
> Laurence

Well, yes, it would be good if the stage and the organ were on the
same level. That would make the ceiling about right for both. But
those kingly organists insist on being above the heads of everyone
else, which is the real source of the problem. (I don't complain,
because it gives space at stage level, at the back of the stage, for
piano and other storage. Let the organists think they are lording it
over us. Down in the bowels, we know what is really important). ;-)
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.youtube.com/fredsturm