[CAUT] Steinway "sound"

Edward Sambell esambell at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 18 21:25:03 MST 2011

One time when I was tuning for the Stratford Festival, Oscar Shumsky, Glenn
Gould and Leonard Rose were rehearsing a trio. Leonard Rose told a story of  a
rehearsal  of a trio consisting of Heifitz, Rubenstein and Piatagorsky. Heifitz
suddenly stopped and complained, " The balance is all wrong, I can still hear
the Cello".

Ted Sambell