[CAUT] Lacquered hammers

Douglas E. Wood dew2 at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 18 20:48:21 MST 2011

Excellent. Somehow I'd like to acquire a few such hammers and find a way to have them assayed. Of course back then it was almost surely varnish or shellac. This, too, has been alluded to often: the hardener was what was already in the factory for other purposes.

Do you have any? If so, I'll find a chemist.

Doug