[CAUT] Steinway selection

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Feb 18 22:30:44 MST 2011

I think it depends.  A compression crowned belly that comes out of the
factory too stiff can open up and blossom over time and a few seasonal
swings.  One that doesn't crown up well and comes out a bit loose and flabby
just tends to just get worse.  One that comes out just right doesn't tend to
stay there forever.  One things seems certain, over time they don't get
stiffer.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com