[CAUT] Should performers rule? (Was Lacquered hammers)

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 09:06:26 MST 2011

Probably anything a re- designer would produce would have been an improvement over the 4 yr old B I heard in concert Last week. Thin, noisy and clangy bass strings that sounded like a banjo. Just sheer noise above an MF level. Ugghh. All that & I work on this piano. The artist thought it just needed to be played in. Naah. I find they either have it or they don't.
  Next time I'm loaning him a piano....seriously.  Its all set up.  The piano itself gets press and exposure and the ears of some will notice a huge difference.
 I don't  think artist experience what we do in the small world of redesigned piano except, David A and I a few others are trying to change that at least on a small scale.
  Give some one a big sound with clarity and projection and a treble that can sing and they won't care what the fall board says with those kind of tonal resources.
 ROn N._  DUde.... Love to hear your piano in a small venue again!

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration
Ronsen Piano hammers