[CAUT] tone color

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Feb 23 22:07:49 MST 2011

On 2/23/2011 10:38 PM, Jim Busby wrote:
> Ron,
>
> I'm not the enemy, and I'm not going to joust with you. I'm just
> trying to make sense out of things.

No no, I'm not. I understand. What I said below is the bottom line. I
know it's not your doing or decision, but I thought it might very well
come up. Remember how many times I mentioned it before the piano came
into the shop, warning you that it wasn't going to sound like the
others? Since everything you guys have there is way brighter than what
I'm used to anywhere else, I was concerned that the institution wouldn't
like the results. I've got pianos in other performance venues that
haven't been a problem, and one that EVERYONE loved except - the head of
the piano department. When the coin of the realm is LOUD and BRIGHT,
this kind of redesign isn't what you want.

> You know I love your rebuilds, I think I've clearly proven that. I'm
> just not sure why artists choose what they choose, except for what
> they tell me.

Again, I don't have a problem with you at all. The "you" mentioned below
meant the institution, not you personally. It was just you and Keith I
dealt with. That's all.

> I'm going to bed and try to sleep this off...
>
> Jim

You're doing fine. G'night.
Ron N