[CAUT] tone color

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 24 08:35:33 MST 2011

The new Mason & Hamlin CC with composite action needs to be considered as
well.
The change to composite action parts has given this instrument a bolder
range of response, more power with perhaps less distortion of tone.
Presumably due to less hammer wobble in the power stroke.
It would be interesting to hear what composite hammer shanks would do on Ron
N's D redesign. Or on a standard NYD.
Ed Sutton