[CAUT] tone color

Mr. Mac's tune-repair at allegiance.tv
Thu Feb 24 12:01:32 MST 2011

On Feb 24, 2011, at 10:42 AM, Fred Sturm wrote:

> … I'll close by saying I am 100% for pushing the envelope, experimentation,
> open minds and ears. From a practical perspective, though, every day

> I have to please a large number of pianists.

Fred, Others,

What I have discovered in the relatively small university I service
   as compared to some of you is this.

When the most recent new D that was purchased about 10 years ago, it was done
   by the respected Chair of the Piano Department in New York.

That, in and of itself, served to be the acceptable criteria
   for an instrument to all of the present and newly acquired faculty since.

Who, in reality, is going to criticize an already done deal,
   and especially by someone who is truly respected and appreciated for their service
   to the university and community at large for decades?

I am a lucky soul not to be bothered by fussy stuff.

Sincerely,

Keith McGavern