[CAUT] tone and pitch

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 25 18:26:15 MST 2011

A few days ago I received an article which claims that a piano's tone can be
improved by temporarily tuning above pitch (4-8cents midrange, up to 20
cents at the top) for a few hours or even a day or so, then lowering pitch
to 440 Hz. The author claims that Bill Garlick taught this at a Steinway
concert prep. class.

This may be what you are describing.

Does anyone else have experiences to support this claim, or memory of Bill
G. teaching it?

Ed Sutton