[CAUT] Upright tone openings

Mckeever, James I mckeever at uwp.edu
Sun Feb 27 13:55:12 MST 2011

Yes, I've seen pop players having the lid closed tight on a fine grand.  Why bother with the piano!  Short stick is the only compromise I will make.  Never all the way down.   I show soloists that I can play as soft as they need, and have a nice clear sound, not muffled and blurred.   For some instruments, lid all the way up.

Jim McKeever