[CAUT] beginning luck

Brent Fischer brent.fischer at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 28 20:55:09 MST 2011

Hi Ron,
   I'll take the blame for you finding it necessary to post your message and I certainly had no intention to back you into a corner.  I don't have to see or hear your work to know thatit's done with care and craftsmanship, that comes through loudand clear. Doesn't take long to figure out whose "workmanship" iscompetent whether re-designed or not. Mr. Busby's statementthat he "de-regulated" to manipulate pianists to change to yourre-build was just too outrageous to ignore, I think he said a halfinch of let-off, so it borders on unethical management and probably stupidity to even mention it was done.
   Whether large or small, university administrators depend on alevel of trust through the chain of command. A head tech shouldbe making wise decisions that reflect the overall musical consensusof the keyboard faculty first, and probably percussion last. When youspeak of the decision makers I assume you mean the chair of thedepartment, who should be able to rely on the technician to steerthe funding in a way that gives a high chance of predictable success.
   There's loud in a piano and there's opened up, the latter takes timeand combines volume and harmonic clarity when accurately tuned.If that's what happens to your pianos or others who don't rebuild bythe book then I wouldn't hesitate to say it's a quality sound.
Sincerely,  Brent Fischer