[CAUT] New PTG Forums

Kathy Maxwell kathymaxwell at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 1 11:52:53 MST 2011

Dear Pianotech and CAUT email group members,

If you haven’t already heard the big news, the PTG has launched a
newly redesigned web site along with an exciting new social media site
called my.ptg.org. This new site features a wide variety of ways to
connect and interact with chapter members, fellow committee and task
group members, the worldwide community of piano technicians and others
with similar interests. One effect of this change is that the old
mailing lists we used are gone and replaced with online forums.

To get started, go to http://my.ptg.org.  If you are a PTG member, use
your PTG member number and assigned web password as your login
information. On the left side of the main page is a section called
"Getting Started". Follow the steps to set up your profile and
preferences. Just click the PTG logo at the top left or click "Home"
to return to this main page at any time.

If you are not a PTG member, click on "Click here to set up a profile”
in step #1. This takes you to a page on the PTG web site where you can
create a profile. After you have completed the form, hit submit and
you will see a welcome page with a link that says “Please click here
to join the PTG community.” Click on that link and it will take you
back to the my.ptg.org site to continue setting up your profile.

Please note: If you click on “Edit Contact Information” next to your
picture, you can view and/or change your login and password
information by choosing “Change Password” from the dropdown menu at
the top of the page.

It is very important that you follow #3 of "Getting Started" to set up
your "notification settings."  You won’t get an email notification
that there have been new messages until you select "Real Time" to get
each message as it is sent, "Daily Digest" to get one post per day of
all the discussions, or "PDA" to get a text-only message suitable for
smart phones. Discussions are searchable as is the whole my.ptg.org
site.

You may notice missing archives. Fear not for these shall return, in a
new format, and will be searchable.

We hope that you take the time to explore the new interactive
my.ptg.org and find out how you can participate.  Please contact us at ptg at ptg.org
  or call 913.432.9975 if you have any problems, or have questions
about becoming a part of my.ptg.org.

Pianotech Community - http://my.ptg.org/PTG/PTG/Directory/CommunityDetails/Default.aspx?CommunityKey=6265a40b-9fd2-4152-a628-bd7c7d770cbf
CAUT Community - http://my.ptg.org/PTG/CCAdmin/ProductPages/Directory/CommunityDetails/Default.aspx?CommunityKey=76c8d8e5-6fa1-4522-9fa9-006ff252729b