[CAUT] Fwd: Steinway sound-Hammer weights

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Fri Mar 4 15:07:43 MST 2011

On Mar 4, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Mark Cramer wrote:

> Fred... perhaps if you spent less time at the computer?... just a
> thought.  ;>)

Gee, that never occurred to me! You think it would help? Nah, it's
hopeless. We just have to make do with who we are and how we operate.
<G>
	Actually, I write more when I tune a lot at the U, because my stamina
for tuning is limited. I have to get one done, more often than not and
often including significant pitch change, within less than an hour
(room scheduling), but I can't keep up that pace all day long. For the
long term, there needs to be down time physically, so I might as well
exercise the brain. In any case, I give my institution far more than
its money's worth, so my conscience is clear. Days when I am not at
the U, like today, and am on the road and occasionally have wifi and a
bit of time, well, it passes the time, helps keep me sane, or what
passes for sane anyway <G>.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu