[CAUT] [pianotech] New Format--yuck

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 01:46:58 MST 2011

At 07:31 -0800 07/03/2011, David Love wrote:

>...So far this new format is a complete bomb for me.  The email
>system was much simpler and sometimes simpler is better.  I could
>filter all PTG list
>messages to a separate folder and easily go there and scan all messages in
>one sweep and delete or whatever very quickly.  Now I have to log in
>(completely impractical on my PDA) and jump around to discussions and then
>open each discussion to see if there's something I want to read...

I agree entirely.  If I can't read and reply to list postings by
email and keep my own archive, then count me out.  I haven't time to
go visiting two dozen different discussion lists on the web, all with
different quirks and conventions.

Was there any consultation with list members to test the water before
making these radical changes?

In my opinion it would be a good idea to set up a serious traditional
mailing list for serious discussion of strictly piano-related topics
in plain text and respecting basic netiquette.  The present list has
been completely out of control for ages and this latest nonsense is a
signal for me to cease any participation in it.

JD