[CAUT] New List versus Old List RE: [pianotech] pianotech Digest, Vol 29, Issue 48

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Mar 10 08:34:12 MST 2011

   David, Keith Israel and all.
  I want to say that 10 years ago I thought I would join the list because I might have something to contribute.  What I got was nothing short of an education by the collective experience of a group that rivals the educational opportunity of many conventions combined as well as the privileged to join in the discussion.
 I want to say this clearly....IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE.  What I have learned here shortened my learning curve and provided the courage to go where no Dale has gone before.:)
  PTG exist because the members support it financially and with their time. It is one of the strengths and weakness of such an organization. For example...It is a risk to teach, wondering how the class will be received, or if anyone will show up. Wondering if aaaall the efforts you made to get the class up to speed and running will pay off. If few show up or worse if the feedback is not positive after the event, then the countenance will fall. AMHIK. No one came along side and said there there better luck next time. Here's a check for all you pain and suffering. But I was asked to teach and I did. As the man says "ya pay yo money and yya take yer chances son". No doubt Alan was asked to help and he did.  THANK YOU ALAN G. and all that run the list.
 Perhaps the only mistep in the entire format change as I read thru these post was not giving some forewarning so there was adequate discussion. David, you've got it right here in so many ways.

 Israel is angry because his friend is being hurt inadvertently and I assure you no one is that malicious here.
  Dale E.

 David wrote

The PTG operates primarily as a source of education and support for its members and a running dialogue in real time, an open forum, where ideas are easily posted and discussed and where the format lends itself to tangential discussions that often lead in unpredictable but productive directions  is a considerable part of that ongoing education.  It doesn’t exist as easily or in the same way outside of this format. Whether you personally consider the list a valuable form of the ongoing education cycle I don’t know.  But I do and so do a lot of others.

With respect to Allen and those who made great efforts to bring this new site online, nobody is disparaging them and I for one am truly sorry if anything I said was taken that way by them or anyone else.

Dale S. Erwin
www.Erwinspiano.com
Custom restoration
Ronsen Piano hammers