[CAUT] Yamaha Exchange program; pros, cons

James Schmitt pianotenor at comcast.net
Thu Jun 7 09:42:45 MDT 2012

I agree with Joe.  We had the Yamaha exchange program and things worked real well for us when the profit share program with the local dealer was helping our school get some new pianos but needed to be stopped when the flooring fees for keeping the pianos at the school where not supported by  sales when the economy went sideways.   The dealer is and was a good dealer but times being what they are, kept the original deal from working.   The thing that I find so hard about the piano exchange programs to start out with is that they tend to leave the school dependent  on the program without a way out.  The deal we had allowed the school to purchase some pianos via a school sales profit  share that payed the flooring fees but also made way for the school to purchase pianos without using school funds. The goal was to work our way out of the program with an ongoing way of upgrading as time went on.   When folks where buying pianos it worked real well.
James Schmitt BM, RPT