The Wonderwand/Racquetball Connection

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Sun, 01 Jan 1995 22:53 -0500 (EST)

>.... I may end up modifying my
>current hammer with a wood ball if I continue to like it>>
>A guy in my Kansas City '94 class had done just that, taking a gear-shift
>knob and boring a hole in it for his hammer handle.
><<but that splash
>of blue on the end of the hammer is kind of flashy!>>

I remember Charlie Huether saying once that the original idea for the
wonderwand was a gear shift knob on the end of a tuning hammer.

I have been using a Mehaffey impact hammer for many years.  It save a great
deal of stress on your shoulders.  It is a bit harder on the wrist since you
are turning it from very close to the tuning pin.  It makes impact tuning
easier without banging the nerves in your palm against the tuning hammer.
It also keeps the force of the blow in a diretion to turn the pin and not
bend it.

-Ron
Ron Berry
ronberry@iquest.net