Key Pounder and Bike Tape

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sun, 01 Jan 1995 22:57:48 -0600

On Sun, 1 Jan 1995, MITCH KIEL wrote:

>         BTW, there's no reason to assume that using a heavy brass pounder
> mandates mega-test blows. That's certainly not how I use it. The strength of
> the test blow depends on the distance I "drop" it. I like to tune unisons by
> listening at various volume levels, and have therefore learned to use the
> pounder to deliver test blows from pp to fff.

Hear!  Hear!

>         Ron Torella: I'm afraid your design of strapping a brass key pounder
> to one's hand to allow for interval playing would make my shoulder and arm
> muscles real sore. You must be built like Ahhnold :)

Well, according to my wife, I'm not exactly Ahhnold-like.  But I guess
that after lifting that brass thing enough, you *do* tend to get "pomped op!"

:-)

Ron Torrella                  "Dese are de conditions dat prevail."
School of Music                           --Jimmy Durante
University of Illinois