This list -Reply

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU
Tue, 03 Jan 1995 09:49:09 -0700

Ron Berry wrote:
>>> Ron Berry <ronberry@iquest.net> 01/02/95 08:26pm >>>
I had kicked around the idea that this list should be "advertised"
by making  notices in the appropriate places on the internet. <
>The more I thought about  this I think that just advertising it in
the Journal might be the best.<<<
Remember that this list was set up as a service to the College
and University Technicians' Committe of the PTG.  Providing a
service to that committee is to be it's primary function.  University
(i.e. Institutional) maintenance has some unique problems, and
there is rarely anyone in the chapter to discuss these problems
with, hence the need for the College and University Technicians
newsletter, and  more recently,  an internet discussion group for
Institutional technicians.  That is how I justify the expense (server
and personnel time) with BYU.  If the list can also fill needs of
other technicians, that is ok as long as the tail doesn't wag the
dog.  Please keep this in mind as you invite others to join the list.

Thanks for the suggestion about using rubber fingergrips on the
pounding fingers.  Our fine arts building is not humidified, the
humidity is 12% today, I'm only two tunings into the day, and my
fingertips have already cracked so I'll head for the office supply
store.

Happy new year to all.

Jack Reeves, BYU
jack_reeves@byu.edu