This list

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Tue, 03 Jan 1995 12:49:44 -0600

On Mon, 2 Jan 1995, Ron Berry wrote:

> I had kicked around the idea that this list should be "advertised" by making
> notices in the appropriate places on the internet.  The more I thought about
> this I think that just advertising it in the Journal might be the best......

the nature of this list.  I would not care to see this transformed into a
pianotalk information center for customers, though an arguement could be
made for that kind of thing elsewhere.  Announcing this in the Journal
however, is an excellent idea and I thought that had already happened.
Thank you bringing up this question for discussion before someone does
openly advertize on the internet without reflecting on possible
consequences.
        I suppose that maybe a large piano lovers list could in the end
help to educate customers about the PTG, piano service, and related topics
in a profoundly cheap and effective way.  "It could happen", but I think
that for now  I would still vote to maintain one of the few remote
passageways on this ever expanding network.

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College
johnsond@stolaf.edu