Bechstein Action-Hamm Weight

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed, 04 Jan 1995 08:05:48 -0600

On Wed, 4 Jan 1995 Yardbird47@aol.com wrote:

> Calling all cars, calling all cars!!! Does any else out there weigh hammers?
> I'd be glad to trade some specs.

A very long time ago (before my apprentice became so good at boring,
tapering and shaping hammers) I used to weigh hammers.  I think it was
because I was concerned that my actions were coming out far too heavy --
that's a subjective observation, mind you.  I haven't weighed a set in a
while but I'm awfully darned curious about what you've come up with.
I'll see if I can dig up some old specs...

Ron Torrella                  "Dese are de conditions dat prevail."
School of Music                           --Jimmy Durante
University of Illinois