This list

Ron Torrella torrella@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed, 04 Jan 1995 08:31:40 -0600

I think it would be a good idea to have a newsgroup called
rec.piano.tuning.repair.rebuilding (or something to that effect).  I go
through periods where I read rec.music.makers.piano for several days or
weeks (doing my share of _pro bono_ work) and I've noticed that there are
some folks who really wish that people wouldn't ask so many questions
related to buying/selling/ technical aspects of pianos, and that there was
a place where they could go to converse with bona fide piano technicians
-- the ones who do it for a living rather than the weekend warriors who
hang out on r.m.m.p.

Having a discussion group on CompuServe is fine but how could I
participate unless I buy a membership to CIS?  Having a newsgroup on
USENET would be perhaps more accessible to more people -- techs and
otherwise.

The discussion about PTG having some sort of "activity" on CompuServe
seems to be a bit provincial.  I'd like to be involved in that, but
am I to assume that, on top of the $163 a year membership to the PTG, I'm
going to have to fork out another hundred or so in order to continue my
effort to become more actively involved in PTG?  Or will PTG members get
a membership that's included in their annual dues?

Ron Torrella                  "Dese are de conditions dat prevail."
School of Music                           --Jimmy Durante
University of Illinois