of mice and hammers -Reply

Jack Reeves reevesj@BYUGATE.BYU.EDU
Wed, 04 Jan 1995 08:31:42 -0700

>>> Newton Hunt <nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu> 01/04/95
06:37am >>>

      David Stanwood of Marthas Vineyard has been weighing
hammers for some time now and has determined a set of
standards and other tables for the weight of hammers weighed
Nfrom a frictionless pivot at the center pin to the strike point
which is resting on a digital gram scale.  He can be reached at
508-693-1583.  He is also doing interesting things with friction
control, front key weight and wippen flange springs.  I have done
one complete action and the results are rather great.  It has
turned into the practice room of choice for the entire student
body.

            Newton J. Hunt
            nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu
P.S.  You can contact me directly if you are interested in more
details.

Newton,
I have seen Dave's classes  on touchweight  and his newer
classes on the things you mentioned. I am very interested in
learning more about these things. I haven't yet tried any of the
things contained in his new class, and maybe you can shed
some light on it.

vince