PLATE HOIST's

Wippen@aol.com Wippen@aol.com
Mon, 01 Apr 1996 08:39:21 -0500

Hi All,

Just my two cents re the plate hoist thread.  We have been using an ordinary
chain hoist purchased at the local Big Lots store for $60.00. The hoist is
attached to a ceiling joist. It easily handles a 9 foot Baldwin plate
(541lbs), a 9 foot Steinway plate, or anything else asked of it.

I,too, recommend that the inside of the rim be lined with something suitable
to protect it from marring.

And, to quote and agree with Jim Harvey "All things considered, I  prefer NOT
to raise a plate alone."

Paul Dempsey
Marshall University
wippen@aol.com