Replacement Damper Pedal

RalphBl@aol.com RalphBl@aol.com
Mon, 01 Apr 1996 09:46:59 -0500

I have a client who owns a 1918 Marshall and Wendell vertical with a broken
damper (soft) pedal.  None of the supply catalogs (Schaff, APSCO) show
anything near what this looks like.  It has a vertical ring at the rear of
the pedal into which the trap lever fits and is held secure by a screw.  The
trap lever (round steel) lies just above the bottom board...maybe 1/2 inch or
so.  Is a replacement available and, if so, from whom?  I'm even considering
taking what is there and having the missing part (from the horn out and taken
from another pedal) welded.  Is this practical?  Any suggestions gratefully
received. (Other than "burn the bugger!". I've already thought of that.)
 E-mail me direct if you so choose.  Thanks.

Ralph Black
Nashville
RalphBl@aol.com