Replacement Damper Pedal

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Mon, 01 Apr 1996 23:35:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Apr 1996 RalphBl@aol.com wrote:

> I have a client who owns a 1918 Marshall and Wendell vertical with a broken
> damper (soft) pedal.  None of the supply catalogs (Schaff, APSCO) show
> anything near what this looks like.  It has a vertical ring at the rear of
> the pedal into which the trap lever fits and is held secure by a screw.  The
> trap lever (round steel) lies just above the bottom board...maybe 1/2 inch or
> so.  Is a replacement available and, if so, from whom?  I'm even considering
> taking what is there and having the missing part (from the horn out and taken
> from another pedal) welded.  Is this practical?  Any suggestions gratefully
> received. (Other than "burn the bugger!". I've already thought of that.)
>  E-mail me direct if you so choose.  Thanks.
>
> Ralph Black
> Nashville
> RalphBl@aol.com

Hi, Ralph. The pedal, as you describe it, is a typical PLAYER piano pedal.
It was so designed because the pedals had to fit under the player's lower
bellows system. If you check the supply catalogs under player piano sup-
plies you should find what you're looking for. If not, Player Piano Co. in
Wichita, carries such pedals.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net