Hot Glue (Was y ch blues)

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Tue, 02 Apr 1996 10:59:15 -0500 (EST)

Changing gears here!!

Like Ed, I use hot hide glue for knuckle work, but I agree with Vince
that hot glue STICKS (for guns) are different. The quality varies
widely. Some are quite amenable to piano work; others not worth the
proverbial powder...

I once discussed this matter with a salesman who specialized in
"industrial" hot glues. Unfortunately, I only confirmed it. Since he
sold in huge (factory) quantities, I could not 'buy in' at his minimum
order requirements, so I didn't bother to get his business card or
company name.

As a result, I'm faced with trial and error from local emporiums. I'd
be interested in knowing if anyone can recommend certain COMMON brand
names (and not just stick colors) for certain jobs.

I understand that the formulas will have probably changed by the time
I get to the store!

Jim Harvey