S & S Model M price

Robert Husssa hussa@odi.cwc.whecn.edu
Tue, 02 Apr 1996 16:35:50 -0700 (MST)

I have a client/friend that has a 1971 S & S Model M grand for sale.
Because we're out here in Wyoming. . . .where there just ain't a
raft-full of Steinways. . .she's unsure of an asking price.  She
originally listed it for $22K.  This is a 5'4" ebony case, very nice
shape, but I'm thinking this is considerably too high a price for such an
instrument.  Unfortunately, I am not involved with this type of sale very
often, so I can't give her comparators.  Please respond, as you have in
the past, with ball-park comparisons if possible; privately if you don't
feel this warrants list space. Great info in this list.  Thanks to all.

Robert Hussa
Music Department
Central Wyoming College
2660 Peck Ave.