Hide glue jelly

Scott Thile sethile@msumusik.mursuky.edu
Thu, 04 Apr 1996 15:59:34 -0600 (MDT)

Michel LaChance writes:
>Since Tuners Suplly is no longer there, I have made some experiments to make
>my own long lasting jello without success.  I know that the trick is to put a
>bactericide that could stop the decay process.  But what and how much?  I
>tried salt but it renders the glue ineffective.  Does anyone know the recipe?

Try urea.  Same incrediant as used in "Liquid Hide glue". Only use less of it.
I am not sure if it will work for the "jello" or not, but that is where I
would start.
Urea is available at most aggriculture supply houses.

Scott
Scott E. Thile, RPT
Piano-Instrument Technician
Department of Music,Murray State University
P.O. Box 9, Murray, KY 42071, Ph:  502-762-4396
Email:  sethile@msumusik.mursuky.edu